Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Message from the Chair #4

Just the other day,
a lady (who wishes to remain anonymous) dropped me a line with a very tempting suggestion that I thought I should pass along..
..I am old enough to recall Canada’s Centennial in 1967.  Back then, many families planned a family centennial project which they could work on all year.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if the people in our town had their own personal projects?  And maybe, these ideas could be shared and compared.  Maybe a link  could be added to the website, so  families could share with others what their families were doing.
Well my mind is already a-flutter with ideas.
I could make a scrapbook of 100 things that happened to us this year.
I could plant 100 roses in my yard (I probably wouldn't do this one)
I could  plant a centennial flower bed (incidentally Communities in Bloom is asking everyone to plant red and gold flowers this year)
I could make a 100 cards
I could make a list of 100 nice things to say
I could bake 100 cookies (okay, that's not a good idea, cause I'd be tempted to eat them)
I could sew a quilt with 100 squares.

Do you get the idea. 
What could you do, as a centennial project?

No comments:

Post a Comment